Prince Harry and Meghan Markle hailed 'heroes' despite 'doubts' about NY award coverage

Date:


Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are considered “heroes” by fans despite a lack of coverage in the United States for the couple’s upcoming award, an expert has claimed. Harry and Meghan were met by cheering fans as they arrived at the Ripple of Hope Award gala.

The Duke of Sussex, who was waring a suit and tie, could be seen holding an umbrella as he walked into the venue alongside his wife.

The Duchess of Sussex was clutching a purse as she led the way in a white off-the-shoulder dress.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle quickly marched through the red carpet to the event.

In a clip uploaded to social media, the father-of-two can be seen raising his hand in the way of a microphone as he led Ms Markle into the gala.

The couple touched down in the Big Apple on a private flight this morning, the Mirror has claimed.

JUST IN: William looks smitten with ‘beautiful’ Kate in new behind-the-scenes picture from US trip

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky will also receive a gong and NBA legend Bill Russell will be handed a posthumous award.

Despite the Ripple of Hope gala in the Big Apple, an expert has suggested that there has been little coverage of the event.

Marlene Eilers Koenig, a British royal expert based in the USA, told Express.co.uk: “There has not been massive coverage in the US about this.

“I do not think the NYC city papers will have front page covers as was the case in Boston for the Prince and Princess of Wales.

“The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are no longer public servants.

“They see the couple as heroes.

“On the other hand, did you notice the crowds in Boston at the various events?

“Two very different groups of Americans.

“I doubt most people even know about the award.”

Harry and Meghan’s visit to New York comes just days after Prince William and Kate Middleton travelled to Boston.

The Prince and Princess of Wales touched down in the Puritan City last week as the couple made their first visit to America since 2014.

The trip was centred around the second annual Earthshot Prize Awards.

The Sussexes’ Netflix docuseries is also expected to air in two parts later this month.

Insiders have claimed that Prince William is no longer willing to let wild claims about racism and other misdeeds go unanswered and from now on will be on the front foot.

Asked how the Prince and Princess of Wales would respond if they felt there were inaccurate claims, a well-placed source told the Sunday Express: “The Prince and Princesses’ team will wait to see what’s in the Netflix series before deciding what to do, but you can see the direction of travel.”



LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:

Popular

More like this
Related

Stabbing horror outside school as boy, 15, repeatedly knifed in broad daylight

A 15-year-old boy was taken to hospital after...

Nicola Bulley: ‘Abandoned’ house near spot where missing mum’s phone found searched

An "abandoned" house has been searched in the...

Rep. George Santos quits House committee seats amid uproar over lies: What we know

WASHINGTON – Embattled New York Republican Rep. George...