Russian attacks 'faltering', says MoD as 'problems continue' for Putin’s failing forces

Date:


More than 1,500 people have died in attacks on Mariupol, Associated Press reported Sunday, citing the mayor’s office. However, Russian troops have yet to fully seize the besieged port city.

In the northern city of Chernihiv, at least 53 people had been taken to morgues in the last 24 hours, after being killed amid heavy Russian air attacks and ground fire, local governor Viacheslav Chaus said.

And at least 21 people were killed when Russian artillery destroyed a school and a community centre in Merefa, near the northeast city of Kharkiv, according to mayor Veniamin Sitov.

The Ministry of Defence (MoD) released its latest intelligence update on Twitter.

It wrote: “Logistical problems continue to beset Russia’s faltering invasion of Ukraine.

READ MORE: Russia EXODUS as flurry of private jets leave Moscow for Dubai

Rosemary A DiCarlo, the UN undersecretary for political and peace-building affairs, said: “Most of these casualties were caused by the use in populated areas of explosive weapons with a wide impact area.”

As Russia’s attacks continue, already around 3.2 million civilians have fled Ukraine.

However, as of March 15, only 5,500 UK visas had been issued.

Most of the people arriving are women with young children and elderly people, as men aged between 18 and 60 are barred from leaving Ukraine due to martial law.

Moscow has denied targetting civilians and claimed the images of bombed-out buildings have been manipulated.



LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:

Popular

More like this
Related