Home Sport Valtteri Bottas teases contract announcement in triple driver merry-go-round

Valtteri Bottas teases contract announcement in triple driver merry-go-round

64
0


Valtteri Bottas has teased he is set to soon end speculation surrounding his Mercedes future. Bottas has been at the centre of plenty of talk regarding where he will be driving next season.

The 32-year-old took to Instagram on Monday and posted a picture of a breathtaking balcony view of the boats in the harbour in Monaco.

On the table in front of him lay a piece of paper with a pen on top, hinting it may be a contract or some sort of agreement.

Rumor has it that George Russell is likely to join Mercedes and replace Bottas, who may join Alfa Romeo.

Niko Hulkenburg, who is currently a reserve and development driver for Aston Martin, also uploaded a picture of a paper and pen to his social media while watching the US Open tennis tournament.

The German, who was without a contract for the 2020 season, is tipped to be Russell’s replacement at Williams.

JUST IN: Toto Wolff confirms Mercedes decision on George Russell vs Valtteri Bottas has been made

Last month it was reported Mercedes had plans for their Formula E driver Nyck de Vries to replace Russell at Williams.

The Italian branch of Motorsport.com said: “Mercedes want to continue to keep a seat they can make available to their junior drivers (as happened with Russell himself) and the Williams seat is, in fact, the only possible opportunity.

“With no youngsters ready to make the jump from Formula 2 at the moment, Mercedes are considering offering the opportunity to one of their Formula E drivers and the choice seems to have fallen on De Vries.”

The report also mentioned Hulkenberg as one of the drivers Williams would consider should Russell leave and he now appears to be the front runner.

DON’T MISS

Russell finished second in the controversial Belgian Grand Prix this weekend, his first ever podium finish.

However, heavy rain denied viewers the opportunity to see the duo battle it out and only two laps of the track were completed behind the safety car.

This was done in order to constitute a race so drivers could still be awarded points.

However, because less than 75 per cent of the allotted laps were completed, the drivers were only awarded half of the usual points tally.

Red Bull’s Verstappen won the rain-hit race as half-points were awarded for only the sixth time in Formula One history.

“From our side and the team’s side, an amazing result,” Russell said post race.

“Little celebration tonight I’m sure! The whole team deserve it. So much hard work has gone into this over the last few years. There’s not really been anything to show for it.

“We absolutely nailed it yesterday and here we are standing on the podium. I can tell you I didn’t expect that this year, that’s for sure.”



Previous articleBishop Sycamore landed spot against top high school football team through marketing agency
Next articleEx-gov Andrew Cuomo has been hiding out at pal’s Hamptons home

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here